Price matching-save MONEY

Home Forums GHTA General Topics Price matching-save MONEY

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Henry Dennig 3 weeks, 6 days ago.

• Author

Norm Miller

I love saving MONEY! I did not realize West Marine will match any competitors price! Here is the detail from their webstite!

Henry Dennig

You really have not been missing much. The price matching policy is only about a week old. The prior policy would only price match a brick and mortar store within 50 miles.
    West Marine also has made a concentrated effort to re-label many products so there is not an exact match to compare pricing. I have a port supply account (which no longer gets much of a discount) but West Marine has been sending out several surveys since the new management has taken over.
    The warranty on several of their items is very hard to beat – we broke the tip on a boat hook, I contacted customer service to order a replacement tip and was advised to return the whole boat hook to a store and they would exchange it. When our West Marine binoculars had the rubber coating come loose, they replaced the binoculars for free.
    And then I see them selling Rotella 15w40 oil for $24.99 when Walmart regularly has it around $13.00 a gallon.
    The past leadership team was experienced retailers who brought in a lot of higher profit products – Columbia clothes and Cell phone accessories, but in doing so, reduced the amount of “boating” items. I am waiting to see if the new management team gets them back on track. Until then, I find most of my needs on or or Amazon.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.