Trident TimeZero software

Home Forums Electronics Trident TimeZero software

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Norm Miller 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Elaine Sturm
    Participant

Is anyone using the Trident TimeZero software? Having some issues with it and need to bounce somethings off another user. Thanks
    Elaine Sturm

jmcquade
    Participant

Elaine,

We have been using Trident since January and after some cursing and hair pulling that I can’t afford, we have enjoyed it greatly.

There is some operating confusion when moving between “Navigation” mode to “Planning” mode but as long as you keep in mind what mode you are in the confusion will diminish over time.

What exactly is causing your issues?

email me directly at jim@cpmschedulingllc.com since I don’t monitor this site regularly.

Elaine Sturm
    Participant

Jim thanks for the response and the direct emails. This is an update regarding my original request. We have discovered the problem. In April we had the new electronics system installed including a new marine computer. We attempted to get assistance from the original installer but were unsuccessful. With the help of Nobeltec we were able to locate a certified and knowledgeable Nobeltec technician in Jacksonville, Florida. Within minutes of reviewing our system, Dave, was able to isolate our issues. While there were several issues, the main issue was our marine computer. It simply was below standard & no amount of work on my part would have ever made the TimeZero or devices work correctly. Dave hooked one of his computers us to or NEMA 2000 system and it was like night and day. For the first time ALL our devices communicated & looked rather impressive. Dave has ordered us a new computer & it will be installed this week. Once we get everything installed I will post an update. If anyone needs a new marine computer and would like Daves contact information please email me.

Henry Dennig
    Participant

Elaine Sturm posted the following information recently on Facebook.
    For those running Nobeltec software – FYI.

Our current navigation software is Nobletec Time Zero which we purchased in 2013. I found out today that Nobletec is replacing TimeZero Trident. The last update/build is 2.1.3.3. Users have 2 options TZ Professional V3 for $750.00 or TZ Navigator V3 for $500.00. Nobeltec support could not give me the date they are dropping support for Time Zero Trident. I have never been happy with this company although I like the software. FYI for any fellow Nobletec users.

Norm Miller
      Participant

We updated to TZ Professional. TZ Navagator will not run in an extended desktop which was a show stopper for us since we run both computers with two screens.

Norm

Elaine Sturm
    Participant

Norm,

Did you upgrade from TimeZero? I was wondering if the difference in the two is worth the investment.

ELaine Sturm

Norm Miller
    Participant

Yes we did pay for the upgrade to Professional and are fine with the software. We thought about using Navionics but wanted to overlay the Radar on the Chart like Trident which was not possible with the charting software we investigated. We use Navionics on my iPad for bottom contours when anchoring which we do a lot. Professional is targeting sport fisherman and has capabilities we are still learning.It seems to play well with our N2K, maretron and Vesper systems. They do have good customer support and the guys in tech are good too. I have called them with any issues and they can talk or take control of the software remotely and fix a settings or compatibility issue. Good tech support is important to me so you get what you pay for….

Thanks
    Norm

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.