Fuel Shutoff

Home Forums Mechanical/Electrical Systems Fuel Shutoff

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Dick & Phyllis Hermann 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Author

Bruce Cohn
    Participant

Hi all,
    Our 2008 N37 Picture Perfect is relatively new to us(purchased last year as Cardiac-A-Rest IV) and I have many questions relating to maintenance.
    Let me start with:
    Is there a fuel tank shutoff for replacing all the filters including the polisher?

I will be back with more questions, I promise.
    Thank you
    Bruce Cohn/Denise Mumm

Henry Dennig
    Participant

Bruce,
    Hopefully, some of the N37 owners can chime in to give a more accurate reply.
    The boats are plumbed a bit different with a mix of fuel valves, different filters, etc. On our boat, we do not have fuel tank shutoffs, but we have multiple valve fuel manifold.
    For replacing filters, I do not need to close any valves.
    Regards,
    Henry Dennig

Bruce Cohn
      Participant

Thank you for reply, Henry. I was going to assume that since the tank is well below the filters, gravity will keep the fuel in check, but assumptions can lead to messy cleanup!

Chris Kelly
    Participant

Bruce
    By any chance did you get a copy of the onwers manual it has step by step instructions. If you need a copy I can send you one.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Bruce, did you get the info you need to maintain your fuel filtration system? I haven’t been receiving Forum notifications for some reason. Contact me any time for help.

Dick Hermann
    N37 Avocet

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.